Mafia has become a drug of choice for some of us here. It is fun but be warned it can become addictive. Always play the game with a good spirit- you may have the game sussed and you may know how to win and everyone else may plot against you- EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE RIGHT- this is part of the game and the frustration that makes it so addictive. Be analytical and try to persuade town and mafia alike. But, remember, people will vote how they choose. So don't take things personally!
Here are some rules to govern the game. We stick to them pretty faithfully. However, if you are new we will always help new players- there is always advice from the game moderator and you can always PM the moderator when you are confused. Other team members usually take it easy on newbies- because we want everyone to enjoy this fun game.
SO don't be shy to join in.
• The moderator of the game reserves the right to make clarifications and changes as needed for the benefit of the game. Such changes, if any, will be announced in the thread. • The game has two teams: Mafia and town • There are three game phases: Day, Twilight, Night. During the Day, players discuss who they think is a mafia and decide who to lynch. Twilight phase follows a lynch, and players may still talk. At Night, no one can talk in the thread, but players with special abilities can perform Night actions. • The town win when all the mutineers are dead. The mafia win when they control the winning vote. • Always play to win!
Roles and Abilities:
• Your "role" refers to your character, your alignment, and special abilities (if any). You may play "in character" as some other character, but this doesn't affect your role. • Mafia have the ability to kill one player at night as a team. • Only a few roles have special powers in this game. • Players with active (as opposed to passive) night abilities can choose not to use them. • The only players who know each other are the mafia. No one else is told who anyone else is.(Though this can change depending on the roles- usually in more experienced games) • You're allowed to claim any role you want, but you'll have to convince other players to believe you. • Investigations are usually correct, but they're not guaranteed to be accurate. • Roles will be revealed at death.
• Place your vote/unvote for a player on a line by itself in BOLD so I won't miss it, like so: VOTE: Amie • Each player gets a single vote, and they may change their vote as often as they want. • Voting "no lynch" is allowed. If at least half the players vote "no lynch," the day ends without a lynch. • Once a player gets more than 50% of votes, that player is lynched IMMEDIATELY. There is no going back. • When a player is lynched, the game goes into Twilight. Everyone including the lynchee can still talk, but votes/unvotes won't count. Twilight lasts until I post the next scene and establish the Night phase. • Dead men tell no tales! If you're night-killed, you're allowed one contentless "bah" post or 'see you on the other side', but you must not reveal game information. Once you're dead, you're out of the game. • If there is no majority vote by the deadline, then there is no lynch for the day.
• Please don't post here unless you're participating in the game. • NEVER quote PM communications from me, particularly your role description. Paraphrasing is OK. • Do not edit or delete posts. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. • Don't talk about the game outside this thread unless your role allows it. • Players who are allowed to PM each other may only do so at Night. • All night actions are to be done strictly through PMs sent to me. • Talking in the thread is not allowed when the game is in Night phase. • Players must remain reasonably active. If a player hasn't posted in 48 hours, I will send a reminder to the player. If the player doesn't respond in 48 hours, I will try to find a replacement.
• The best way to figure out who might be a mafia is by studying the other players' interactions with others and their voting patterns. • Don't take anything personally. When you are being antagonized, it is the character you play whom is being attacked, not you personally. Keep it friendly! • Even if you die, you can still win with your team. • Have fun!
Links of interest (might be updated from time to time)
Mafia game wikis MafiaScum Wiki - Information about mafia games, types of roles, play advice, etc. Epicmafia Wiki - Mostly pertinent if you're playing a game on the Epicmafia site, but still has good info.
Shimmerjet: I am ok hotone thanks for asking, usually warm for this time of year here in middlew earth
Jun 15, 2019 15:02:06 GMT -7
Rusholme: Greetings from Sweden! Long time no see! :)
Jun 23, 2019 9:48:46 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: hey Rusholme great to see you, gottta go to work but hopefully we can catch up soon, hope you are well x
Jun 23, 2019 12:53:06 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Morning all, have a beautiful day x
Jun 27, 2019 12:53:42 GMT -7
Rusholme: Hope everyone is having a nice day!
Jul 3, 2019 8:16:33 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Today felt like a week, last day of school tomorrow then two glorious weeks off, the kids have checked out already, making for the long day!
Jul 3, 2019 20:44:50 GMT -7
Rusholme: Sounds good shimmer, hope you'll have a great vacay!
Jul 4, 2019 3:41:40 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Yay! Days off! Unfortunately I've got a pile of stuff to do around the house.
Jul 4, 2019 14:30:56 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Yea same, like a date with the linen cupboard lol
Jul 4, 2019 22:07:26 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: quee, hello, lol I was just looking to see if you were on fb and here you are, hows things?
Jul 4, 2019 22:10:57 GMT -7
Queequeg: Great Shimmy, I'll try to catch you on facebook in a bit.
Jul 4, 2019 22:16:17 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: the one thing Australia does better than New Zealand is......... vegemite beats marmite hands down
Jul 5, 2019 0:12:34 GMT -7
DrivingAce: Hey Guys! It's been a while since I came on, but I wanted to say a quick hello! I've been mostly lurking on the exjw Subreddit, but I didn't want to forget everyone here! Hope all is well!
Jul 8, 2019 8:37:39 GMT -7
Rusholme: Good to hear from you drivingace, all the best! ; )
Jul 10, 2019 7:43:09 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Wanted..... posters, please we need to liven up this place, we get many visitors but not many posters, why is this? We are a laid back bunch, most veiws welcome, christain, pagan, everyday stuff, all makes for a good convo? take the plunge and post?
Jul 12, 2019 2:39:53 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: I'm happy to report that I finally got a day off! Yay! Finally got a chance to post a few things. I hope you guys are having a wonderful day today!
Jul 14, 2019 9:58:37 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: I hope to finally retire sometime at the end of the year.
Jul 14, 2019 18:00:29 GMT -7