Mafia has become a drug of choice for some of us here. It is fun but be warned it can become addictive. Always play the game with a good spirit- you may have the game sussed and you may know how to win and everyone else may plot against you- EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE RIGHT- this is part of the game and the frustration that makes it so addictive. Be analytical and try to persuade town and mafia alike. But, remember, people will vote how they choose. So don't take things personally!
Here are some rules to govern the game. We stick to them pretty faithfully. However, if you are new we will always help new players- there is always advice from the game moderator and you can always PM the moderator when you are confused. Other team members usually take it easy on newbies- because we want everyone to enjoy this fun game.
SO don't be shy to join in.
• The moderator of the game reserves the right to make clarifications and changes as needed for the benefit of the game. Such changes, if any, will be announced in the thread. • The game has two teams: Mafia and town • There are three game phases: Day, Twilight, Night. During the Day, players discuss who they think is a mafia and decide who to lynch. Twilight phase follows a lynch, and players may still talk. At Night, no one can talk in the thread, but players with special abilities can perform Night actions. • The town win when all the mutineers are dead. The mafia win when they control the winning vote. • Always play to win!
Roles and Abilities:
• Your "role" refers to your character, your alignment, and special abilities (if any). You may play "in character" as some other character, but this doesn't affect your role. • Mafia have the ability to kill one player at night as a team. • Only a few roles have special powers in this game. • Players with active (as opposed to passive) night abilities can choose not to use them. • The only players who know each other are the mafia. No one else is told who anyone else is.(Though this can change depending on the roles- usually in more experienced games) • You're allowed to claim any role you want, but you'll have to convince other players to believe you. • Investigations are usually correct, but they're not guaranteed to be accurate. • Roles will be revealed at death.
• Place your vote/unvote for a player on a line by itself in BOLD so I won't miss it, like so: VOTE: Amie • Each player gets a single vote, and they may change their vote as often as they want. • Voting "no lynch" is allowed. If at least half the players vote "no lynch," the day ends without a lynch. • Once a player gets more than 50% of votes, that player is lynched IMMEDIATELY. There is no going back. • When a player is lynched, the game goes into Twilight. Everyone including the lynchee can still talk, but votes/unvotes won't count. Twilight lasts until I post the next scene and establish the Night phase. • Dead men tell no tales! If you're night-killed, you're allowed one contentless "bah" post or 'see you on the other side', but you must not reveal game information. Once you're dead, you're out of the game. • If there is no majority vote by the deadline, then there is no lynch for the day.
• Please don't post here unless you're participating in the game. • NEVER quote PM communications from me, particularly your role description. Paraphrasing is OK. • Do not edit or delete posts. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. • Don't talk about the game outside this thread unless your role allows it. • Players who are allowed to PM each other may only do so at Night. • All night actions are to be done strictly through PMs sent to me. • Talking in the thread is not allowed when the game is in Night phase. • Players must remain reasonably active. If a player hasn't posted in 48 hours, I will send a reminder to the player. If the player doesn't respond in 48 hours, I will try to find a replacement.
• The best way to figure out who might be a mafia is by studying the other players' interactions with others and their voting patterns. • Don't take anything personally. When you are being antagonized, it is the character you play whom is being attacked, not you personally. Keep it friendly! • Even if you die, you can still win with your team. • Have fun!
Links of interest (might be updated from time to time)
Mafia game wikis MafiaScum Wiki - Information about mafia games, types of roles, play advice, etc. Epicmafia Wiki - Mostly pertinent if you're playing a game on the Epicmafia site, but still has good info.
Thehotone4u2: Hey HH! How goes the battle!
Aug 17, 2019 18:24:35 GMT -7
Arlis Scott: Hi guys, I haven't been on for awhile, just thought I would send some greetings to everyone.
Aug 19, 2019 11:30:48 GMT -7
runawaybob: Has any one seen the Face book group setup in new Zealand jws4justice? There is a web page as well jws4justice.co.nz. What do you think
Aug 21, 2019 5:41:10 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Hi runawaybob, yep I am a member of that group, are you a kiwi? I am too, started my jw journey in Upper Hutt then moved around the lower north island for a few years trying to fade,
Aug 21, 2019 12:40:24 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Hi HH Hotone and Arlis hope you all doing ok x
Aug 21, 2019 12:42:13 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Greetings RunawayBob! I love that name! Arlis! Long time no hear! HH! Wow, the gangs all here!
Aug 22, 2019 20:26:27 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Shimmy? Oh...Shimmy!!!
Aug 23, 2019 22:54:15 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: One more post maybe and I'm heading to bed!
Aug 23, 2019 23:12:00 GMT -7
Chris Ryan: Hello everyone!
Aug 25, 2019 19:01:25 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Chris!!!! My dog buried my phone and I lost your number!
Aug 25, 2019 21:38:03 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Chris x hello
Aug 25, 2019 22:05:54 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Hey Empty, nice to have you here.
Aug 28, 2019 0:23:51 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Greetings Empty! I like the name!
Aug 28, 2019 21:48:44 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Anyone hear from MB lately? She's probably super busy now with 5 kids and the baby to deal with.
Sept 4, 2019 7:28:34 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: Not me, I miss that girl!
Sept 5, 2019 12:04:32 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Greetings! I hope everyone had a good weekend!
Sept 8, 2019 22:08:24 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: I'm not in service today. I'm watching football!
Sept 22, 2019 11:09:18 GMT -7
friendlyjokster: I'd like to use a stack of anywhere up to about 50 Watchtower and/or Awake! magazines for a light-hearted silly JW-fun-poking Halloween decoration idea I have. Any edition, any condition, any number, doesn't matter. Can u help me find some cheap? Thanks!
Sept 22, 2019 20:00:18 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: where are you based jokester? Maybe someone near you who can help?
Sept 23, 2019 0:40:00 GMT -7