Hi all It’s that time of year - sleigh bells ring are you listening? The little drummer boy has been seen and the Grinch has exited the cave. Also- in my time away from the Botchtower I’ve learnt a lot more about Christmas. I’d like to keep our little Christmas tradition of mafia going and am offering to moderate a game.
If you’d like to play please reply to this thread. When I have seven players I’ll message you and we can start.
All new players are welcome. The rules are on this forum and once I get to a computer I’ll post them on this thread. At the moment I’m just trying to drum up interest... Xxamie
Please be warned Mafia may become addictive. Always play the game with a good spirit- you may have the game sussed and you may know how to win and everyone else may plot against you- EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE RIGHT- this is part of the game and the frustration that makes it so addictive. Be analytical and try to persuade town and mafia alike. But, remember, people will vote how they choose. So don't take things personally!
Here are some rules to govern the game. We stick to them pretty faithfully. However, if you are new we will always help new players- there is always advice from the game moderator and you can always PM the moderator when you are confused. Other team members usually take it easy on newbies- because we want everyone to enjoy this fun game.
SO don't be shy to join in.
• The moderator of the game reserves the right to make clarifications and changes as needed for the benefit of the game. Such changes, if any, will be announced in the thread. • The game has two teams: Mafia and town • There are three game phases: Day, Twilight, Night. During the Day, players discuss who they think is a mafia and decide who to lynch. Twilight phase follows a lynch, and players may still talk. At Night, no one can talk in the thread, but players with special abilities can perform Night actions. • The town win when all the mutineers are dead. The mafia win when they control the winning vote. • Always play to win!
Roles and Abilities:
• Your "role" refers to your character, your alignment, and special abilities (if any). You may play "in character" as some other character, but this doesn't affect your role. • Mafia have the ability to kill one player at night as a team. • Only a few roles have special powers in this game. • Players with active (as opposed to passive) night abilities can choose not to use them. • The only players who know each other are the mafia. No one else is told who anyone else is.(Though this can change depending on the roles- usually in more experienced games) • You're allowed to claim any role you want, but you'll have to convince other players to believe you. • Investigations are usually correct, but they're not guaranteed to be accurate. • Roles will be revealed at death.
• Place your vote/unvote for a player on a line by itself in BOLD so I won't miss it, like so: VOTE: Amie • Each player gets a single vote, and they may change their vote as often as they want. • Voting "no lynch" is allowed. If at least half the players vote "no lynch," the day ends without a lynch. • Once a player gets more than 50% of votes, that player is lynched IMMEDIATELY. There is no going back. • When a player is lynched, the game goes into Twilight. Everyone including the lynchee can still talk, but votes/unvotes won't count. Twilight lasts until I post the next scene and establish the Night phase. • Dead men tell no tales! If you're night-killed, you're allowed one contentless "bah" post or 'see you on the other side', but you must not reveal game information. Once you're dead, you're out of the game. • If there is no majority vote by the deadline, then there is no lynch for the day.
• Please don't post here unless you're participating in the game. • NEVER quote PM communications from me, particularly your role description. Paraphrasing is OK. • Do not edit or delete posts. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. • Don't talk about the game outside this thread unless your role allows it. • Players who are allowed to PM each other may only do so at Night. • All night actions are to be done strictly through PMs sent to me. • Talking in the thread is not allowed when the game is in Night phase. • Players must remain reasonably active. If a player hasn't posted in 48 hours, I will send a reminder to the player. If the player doesn't respond in 48 hours, I will try to find a replacement.
• The best way to figure out who might be a mafia is by studying the other players' interactions with others and their voting patterns. • Don't take anything personally. When you are being antagonized, it is the character you play whom is being attacked, not you personally. Keep it friendly! • Even if you die, you can still win with your team. • Have fun!
Links of interest (might be updated from time to time)
Mafia game wikis MafiaScum Wiki - Information about mafia games, types of roles, play advice, etc. Epicmafia Wiki - Mostly pertinent if you're playing a game on the Epicmafia site, but still has good info.
Mafia can be competitive so please don't take anything personally- people have been given characters which may encourage them to lie. They are meant to be dishonest.
My word is final- that's true in life- but also in this game.
If you are confused or angry feel free to message me - also true in life but especially in this game.
Day one starts when you have your invite via your message box. I will announce night one when we have a lynch or when the time is up. If for any reason I am not online and we have a lynch or the time is up we automatically go into a 'twilight' where you can still talk but you cannot change anything.
ONLY message at night if you are invited to do so.
DO NOT discuss this game outside the thread.
When you die, which, lets' face it, you will- do not post dead! You can post a 'sob' or 'bar humbug' but not spoilers please. Let the game play out. Remember even if you die your side can still win. This is a group game.
I reserve this colour to moderate (as long as I can get to a computer)
If you want to lynch someone please do it in a separate post
This is super important for me to be able to see the votes- especially as i don't have time to read the comments if the game is moving fast and everyone have awesome banter. In a separate post please write VOTE: AMIE
Likewise if you wish to unvote
UNVOTE: AMIE If you are the last voter you CANNOT change your mind. The last vote will be final. Up until then it is anyones game.
Post by thinkingcritically on Dec 6, 2017 13:47:23 GMT -7
Hello everyone!!! It is ages since I played a mafia game!!! Hope I remember how it is done!!! I have wine mulling, the fire is lit and carols playing gently in the background. What do you say guys, all round to mine for mince pies!?
Thehotone4u2: I'm not in service today. I'm watching football!
Sept 22, 2019 11:09:18 GMT -7
friendlyjokster: I'd like to use a stack of anywhere up to about 50 Watchtower and/or Awake! magazines for a light-hearted silly JW-fun-poking Halloween decoration idea I have. Any edition, any condition, any number, doesn't matter. Can u help me find some cheap? Thanks!
Sept 22, 2019 20:00:18 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: where are you based jokester? Maybe someone near you who can help?
Sept 23, 2019 0:40:00 GMT -7
friendlyjokster: Thanks, Jet. I just sent a letter to Wallkill HQ, I'll see how that goes.
Sept 23, 2019 7:01:22 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: awesome, keep us updated on your project?
Sept 23, 2019 13:14:46 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Hey Rush! How are things?
Oct 2, 2019 19:19:59 GMT -7
Arlis Scott: Hello Everyone! Just came back from my trip to Utah. Wish I had been able to go down south and visit Chris and family, but couldn't do it this time. But go a twisted left ankle on the last day I was there, got wheel chair though all airports. Ha ha
Oct 13, 2019 11:47:18 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: hope the ankle is fixed up soon.
Oct 14, 2019 0:57:59 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Yikes! That's terrible Arlis! (I think!)
Oct 19, 2019 22:17:16 GMT -7
Rusholme: cheers everyone!
Oct 26, 2019 7:47:03 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: I have met and remet people from present and past lately, all good on all counts, all cult free, all happy, best live ever c
Oct 27, 2019 0:53:41 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: I am surprised at the number of people I know that used to be JW! Crazy! All happy!
Oct 27, 2019 20:32:45 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: Well I'm back to work y'all! Got a gig doing completions. I pays well and it's right up my alley.
Nov 7, 2019 19:57:51 GMT -7
Shimmerjet: hey mb x, and geeze hotone thought you retired?
Nov 8, 2019 22:05:25 GMT -7
Thehotone4u2: All my friends are dying! Putting another one in the ground next week.
Nov 12, 2019 23:16:16 GMT -7
friendlyjokster: Above, in Sept, I was looking for couple dozen Watchtower/Awake magazines. National HQ sent me to local. Local folks knocked on my door, gave me 1 copy each of 2 issues, and sent me back to National for bulk order. Oh well. Suggestions welcome! Thanks!
Nov 16, 2019 7:38:08 GMT -7